Shopsmith Forums

Go Back   Shopsmith Forums > Main Woodworking Forum > Maintenance and Repair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiatben
I love it. That's the best, most plausible excuse I've seen so far!

Welcome to the forum. We'll all pitch in and gladly help you rebuild as many as your shop will hold.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'll be posting pix of the shop shortly. I'm in the process of unpacking after a move, I am an Apprentice Bladesmith and ornamental blacksmith so the hot shop is currently getting all of my time. When we moved I lost a 3 bay garage and inherited a single circa 1950's garage. It's been quite the challenge to get the forge, powerhammer, press, welding table, anvil and sundry finishing tools in it. A place for everything... I had an old Sears table saw, but needed a drill press, lathe and ran out of floor space... so I really NEEDED a Shopsmith...(and I COULD justify a second one, but will have to add onto the shop: DOH!) I'm strangely fascinated by the greenies.

Funny, my wonderful hubby is a computer nerd, I'm the tool "chick" (well granny now).
Old 04-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc_bc1963
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I'll be posting pix of the shop shortly. I'm in the process of unpacking after a move, I am an Apprentice Bladesmith and ornamental blacksmith so the hot shop is currently getting all of my time. When we moved I lost a 3 bay garage and inherited a single circa 1950's garage. It's been quite the challenge to get the forge, powerhammer, press, welding table, anvil and sundry finishing tools in it. A place for everything... I had an old Sears table saw, but needed a drill press, lathe and ran out of floor space... so I really NEEDED a Shopsmith...(and I COULD justify a second one, but will have to add onto the shop: DOH!) I'm strangely fascinated by the greenies.

Funny, my wonderful hubby is a computer nerd, I'm the tool "chick" (well granny now).

If Yer gonna be drilling iron on the SS, do make a cover for the table!

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4"jointer/6"beltsander/1"stripsander/bandsaw/ /powerstation/Craftsman10"ras/Craftsman6"thicknessplaner/ /Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ /10[COLOR=Red]E[/COLOR](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Old 04-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
LOL!

I'll be posting photos of the shop as soon as I get things finished. Where should I post them, here?

The basic idea is to click on the little paper clip (above), and upload the pictures first (one by one) to the site, then 'post' them to the text area. Once you upload them, by pressing the little down arrow next to the paper clip, you will see the list of pictures you have uploaded, and can click them as needed to be posted to where the cursor is. You won't see them until you click 'Submit Reply'. One thing to remember, the pictures should be no larger than 800X600, so remember to re-size them as needed.

Welcome to the forum,

Derek
Old 04-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekdarling
The basic idea is to click on the little paper clip (above), and upload the pictures first (one by one) to the site, then 'post' them to the text area. Once you upload them, by pressing the little down arrow next to the paper clip, you will see the list of pictures you have uploaded, and can click them as needed to be posted to where the cursor is. You won't see them until you click 'Submit Reply'. One thing to remember, the pictures should be no larger than 800X600, so remember to re-size them as needed.

Welcome to the forum,

Derek

Thanks you for clarifying! What I should have asked was if it was ok to post them in the maintenance forum. Some boards are "ticklish" about things going where they need to be.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:08 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Thanks you for clarifying! What I should have asked was if it was ok to post them in the maintenance forum. Some boards are "ticklish" about things going where they need to be.

If you will browse through this forum I believe you will find that the rules, if there are any regarding posting, are very loose. Almost anything goes. The group here loves pictures.

Not Making Much Saw Dust Lately
Dusty
Old 10-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Silver Member

Default Updated photos.

I finally got around to working on the SS while waiting for the electrical in the shop to get upgraded.

I'm probably having more fun with this than I should so keep that in mind and please take this in the spirit it is intended, it's FUN!!!

http://www.ariaartistry.com/Revenge_ani1.gif
Old 10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Gold Member

Send a message via AIM to jimthej Send a message via Yahoo to jimthej

I'll swap you legs! Mine are rusty Goldie!
Old 10-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Gold Member

Great for you! Something to look forward to!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM
Gold Member

You must be the coolest grandmother EVER! How cool would it be to be able to say "ya my Grandma just painted a skull flame job on her Shop Smith" Your ex must be an idiot.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Silver Member

Awww, thanks for the comments. Please understand that it's hard not to come off as being "spiteful." Everything in my shop NOW is paid for and all mine. From the 394# anvil to the 110# power hammer and 100T hydraulic press to my 20 yr old SS that I adore and am making my own.

I'm an artist and a craftsman; never happier than when I'm creating something, even if it's "tricking out" my SS.

Glad ya liked the paint job, it was wicked fun to do. I'll be posting final photos when it's all together for the gallery when it's all said and done.